Monday, March 3, 2008

Inquisitive Beings

Got up early the other morning (as I do most mornings) to check the cray pots...On the way back to shore what to Pop and I see? Two beautiful dolphins playing in the water. They would swim up to the boat and dive, dive, dive straight down. Then they would pop up right by the side of the boat. They are just amazing creatures. They are so curious, so playful and just a whole lot of fun to be around.

After about 15minutes of teasing and playing, off they went. Just like we were never there. On with their day of frolicking in the ocean blue.

It was a moment I will never, ever forget. What lives in the ocean is just mind boggling to me. It's a whole other world down there. You can watch The National Geographic Channel all you want but, until you are up close and personal with these beautiful creatures of the deep, it won't become real. It's been oh so real for me this past three months. All of it. I will take these moments with me forever.

Be kind to the earth and it will be kind back to you.

With love and respect,
Sara

15 comments:

soupma said...

Bird,
Hope you've had your video camera to take pictures of all the beautiful and glorious things you have been experiencing! Dad says you should have it on your shoulder at all times so that one day you can invite us all "into Sara's world" with sight and sound!!!

We love you to the moon and back!
Mom and Dad

soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
soupma said...

Do you think your mother is a bit obsessive or a little crazy maybe??? The first time I wrote the message, it wouldn't take my password...or so I thought! I had to go through the whole process of getting a new one. By then, I'd forgotten all of the wonderful words I'd written to you! So---I tried my best to recreate the same message! HA!!! Didn't do very well, did I??? I don't know why it sent it 8 times, maybe that's how many times I tried my password? Who knows?!! Computers...
Still loving you xoxoxoxo Mom :)))

Liesl said...

Wow, you are so fortunate to experience things like that. I've seen some of the world, but experiences with dolphins haven't been there yet. Hope I get to see those creatures in their natural habitat once :)

JackieB said...

Hi Sara!
OK...this is my third try, I'm having a terrible time with my password (all three of them, so far!) Good to hear from you, it's nice to know you're having a one of a kind life experience and really enjoying it. Miss you lots, take care and write soon.-JackieB

JackieB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JackieB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D'Ann said...

Hello Sara-
Thought I would try to leave a comment too! I remember seeing a dolphin playing in the waves at one of our local So.Cal. beaches and I got a little choked up (but in a good way). Well, let's see if I can post this now :)

D'Ann said...

"Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" Oops... I mean, where in the world is Sara Routh!?!? Hope you are enjoying yourself.